Thursday, October 19, 2006

Introduction to my blog

Well hello!

You have found my IMS blog which I intend to update weekly and relay any information I have learnt about IMS.

Just to clarify at this point that IMS is not some horrible disease! It is an acronym for Interactive Media Strategies, one of the units I am studying in my third and final year on the Advertising and Marketing Communications degree at Bournemouth university.

Effectively this blog will be a diary for me to log important and interesting pieces of information I pick up along the way. It will include both academic points of interest as well as industry and personal views on the area of interactive media strategies.

I hope you enjoy!

Kate

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I find that blogs help level the playing field between big corporate budgets and not-for-profits. For example, I'm organising an event at Bournemouth University in a few weeks and as individuals have more control over what they read in blogs (with RSS and powerful search engines etc), web site owners don't mind so much offering you a corner of their web page- it's only a few bits of data storage on a server somewhere and hardly detracts from the core message of the host. Before the blogosphere existed, I'd have had to pay for newspaper listings and all sorts of leaflet drops. Ideal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home