Monday, November 13, 2006

Where's all the blogging gone?

Ooops! Almost 4 weeks later, here I am back again to write the second entry for my blog. Not quite 'every week' as intended. So why haven't I been blogging?

Well for a start I wasn't entirely sure what a blog was until I started this course. Yes, I have heard of them, but haven't had the drive or opportunity to embrace the blogging hemisphere and therefore haven't grasped what they are all about. So making this a course requirement is definitely a good thing and perhaps one of the reasons I haven't been on here blogging regularly is because I have been off reading, reading and reading. Anyway, now is as good a time as ever to stop thinking and actually start doing ('think - feel - do' right?).

So the purpose of a blog is to act as an online journal or diary of events. I have been thinking about this quite a bit over the past few weeks and have been trying to figure out if I would actually find a use for blogs outside of the course requirement. I have thought of at least two situations that I could use a blog for;

a) to diarise a holiday or gap year. I am going to Australia in December 2007 and I would definitely like to keep a blog along the journey so that family and friends can keep updated about what we are up to.

b) to log useful information I learn on the course that could be used when I enter the world of working. I was thinking that if I made a conscious effort to blog all the notes I have made over the length of the course then this could act as a great source of information for when I am out working and need to refresh on theory or learnings.

So, in sum I can see this blogging lark becoming something that will be of use to me in a personal context. Whether I would find the time to blog on a weekly basis or whether I had the need to is a different matter. I guess what is important for this blog is that it is going to be a learning curve for me and it will give me a voice (which I still don't make the most of in lesson time, an alergy I seem to always have had) where I can express my views on the subject of IMS and what I see happening with the digital landscape which is actually of real interest to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home