Wednesday, January 31, 2007

End of the road with eBay for time being!

Well my reflections on eBay after having read my emails today have gone right down.

To my shock I had an email from PayPal today asking me to confirm I wanted to pay the $699 to Dell Inc someone in America had registered! A little bit concerning to say the least seeing as I had not been on either eBay or PayPay since November 2006 so as a result I immediately cancelled my PayPal account which leaves me in difficult position to purchase things from eBay.

Interesting that I immediately associate PayPal with eBay as I guess it could have come from somewhere else? There is no activity on my eBay account related to any Dell computers but either way I would rather not hang around and then have to sort out trying to claim the $699 back etc.

I also feel that now I am not at all likely to purchase things from eBay as it seems like a lot of effort to have to send a cheque etc to the seller and from the bits of experience I have had on the site, I imagine sellers would not be that much inclined to sell this way? I would also then run the risk of not getting the items etc and not being able to cancel the cheque in time.

Suddenly it seems like eBay has gone all complicated on me and not so trust worthy anymore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home